INDIVIDUAL AWARD NOMINATIONS GUIDELINES
SID Honors and Awards recognizes those people with significant impact on the display industry. The SID Honors and Awards committee relies on the SID membership to provide nominations for these awards. The nomination process is straightforward: instructions for the nomination process are provided below.
Awards requiring nominations are the following:
- Karl Ferdinand Braun Prize
- Jan Rajchman Prize
- David Sarnoff Industrial Achievement Prize
- Peter Brody Prize
- Otto Schade Prize
- Slottow–Owaki Prize
- Lewis & Beatrice Winner Award
- Special Recognition Award
Revised nomination procedures for 2021
To prepare a nomination, please review the qualification criteria, listed along with the description for each of the major awards elsewhere on this page. Additionally:
- SID membership is required for all award nominees, except for Special Recognition Awards.
- There are additional membership criteria for consideration for SID Fellowship. To be considered for SID Fellowship, the nominee must have been a member in good standing for not less than 5 years, including at least 3 years of continuous membership immediately prior to election.
- The Peter Brody award is limited to SID members who are under the age of 40. Nominees must be 39 or younger on January 1 of the award year.
The nomination package can be submitted online, or by email. The nominator is requested to submit all of the nomination package materials, including endorsement letters, as a complete package. The nomination package must contain the following:
- The name and contact information for the nominee, and a listing of the intended award.
- A current cv from the nominee. The cv should contain educational and professional work backgrounds, a summary of awards, a list of publications and patents, SID membership status, and any other relevant information for the award committee to consider. For the Peter Brody award, the nominee’s date of birth must be provided.
- A letter from the nominator, highlighting important accomplishments of the nominee, and making clear with convincing arguments why the award should be made. The nomination letter should aim to be 500 words or less, and contain contact information of the nominator.
- Five letters of endorsement from SID members. The letters can be simple endorsements, or they can provide additional written support for the nomination (500 words or less). Endorser contact information is also required.
Deadlines for submission are midnight, October 15.
Questions about the nomination process and criteria can be sent to email@example.com
Submit Nomination Online or Download awards nomination form template.
Sumbit Online Nomination or Email the complete nomination
including all the above material by October 15, 2020
to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to
Honors and Awards Chair, Society for Information Display,
1475 S. Bascom Ave, Ste. 114, Campbell, CA 95008 USA